3/08/2012

LONDON part 2: portobello market

this week i show you some pictures of portobello market. 

portobello market is one of the most famous street markets in the world. situated in west london, it can be found exactly in notting hill along portobello road.  the market takes
 place every saturday and stretches for around two miles - yes it takes quite a long time to
 walk from one end to the other. there are many stalls where you can buy antiques, vintage
 cloths, food and much more. on saturday there are thousands of tourists and fans of the
 famous film which was shot in nothing hill but you also find there many stylish people. i 
spotted  people with amazing outfits who inspired me (and some beautiful men ;D).  
another highlight were three musicians who played for the crowd on the street - and they
 were very talented. so you see it's worth to visit this market. and btw there's also rough
 trade west - a nice music store you also can find in east london.   

i really liked portobello market even though it was an adventure to get there, because we
 spontaneous decided to go and had no idea where exactly it was located. we only knew 
that it's near or in nothing hill. but we followed the crowd and so it was no problem to get
 there. hope you like the pictures and are still interested in the other pictures of some 
other parts of london. 
skadiida

22 comments:

  1. lovely pictures! i love london!

    ReplyDelete
  2. danke schon! :D
    lovely neighbourhood, I'd go crazy if I was there

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this place! Glad you enjoyed it too and you got some brilliant photos xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this place looks amazing!!! i would sooo love to go there one day!! great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. tolle Fotos, London ist wirklich eine wunderschöne Stadt. Ich wär zu gerne mal da.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comment! This is such a lovely post, gorgeous photographs!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. love these photos!!

    xx, Sabinna and David
    Broken Cookies

    ReplyDelete
  8. really lovely pictures x

    ReplyDelete
  9. a lot of stuff to buy there...
    and great pictures
    I love London.
    pretty blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! You're telling me that my pics are great becomes a very big compliment by seeing yours! They are amazing! I ♡ the one with the small busses hanging around... So you got a new "stalker" in me ;) Maybe you'd like to follow me as well? See you soon! Kat

    keinewareliebe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. great pictures! :)
    i immediately added portobello markets to my "london list"; i have never heard of it before (shame on me!!!), though i'm a huge fan of flea markets. i'd love to have such an old-fashioned camera, or look through these paperbacks... ;)
    really cool! can't wait to see more of your latest london trip!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great photos!!! very well done!
    i have never heard of portobello markets (shame on me!!) though i'm a big fan of flea markets. i'd love to have one of these old-fashioned cameras... or to look through the paperbacks. :P
    the markets were immediately added to my "london list" and i can't wait to see more of your trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I WANNA VISIT IT TOO! but at first I have to be in london, I guess.. :-)

    http://hunt-the-fox.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah wow it looks amazing there i adore London but this part i have never visited! Great post thank you for my comment xx

    http://www.gingerrsnap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Portobello ist echt super, ich hoffe ihr seid bis zum Ende durchgegangen! :)
    xxx

    London Last Night

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Portobello market! Glad you had a good time :)

    http://avatallulah.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I need to live there now.

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gotta love London!
    Lovely blog (:
    lionsandmakeup.blogspot.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dann wünsche ich dir mal viel Spaß beim Nachbacken!

    Die Fotos machen mir grad so Lust, so schnell wie möglich mal wieder nach London zu fahren!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Portobello market is so lovely! You can always find some really interesting things.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great photos! I've never been to Portobello Market, I must go!

    ReplyDelete
  22. lovely photos! portobello market is one of my favs too! loving your face in the last photo! hehehe!!

    ReplyDelete